What is dairy in portion control for weight loss?

Definition of Dairy:

It is any food made of milk products of animals, most commonly from cows. The products includes: creams, cheeses and desserts. They are a source of calcium and other vital vitamins, therefore, dairy free weight loss means deficiency in calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D. so please do not go for dairy free diets and should include dairy in our daily diet.

However, in portion control for weight loss milk that helps you lose weight is low fat milk, similarly low fat yogurt and cheese etc.  There are some people who cannot drink milk or eat dairy products they may go for milk substitutes with added calcium for example taking soya milk.

https://attusloveforfood.blogspot.com/2020/03/what-is-dairy-in-portion-control-for-weight-loss.html
                        photo courtesy: google

How often should be taken?

There is no best time to drink milk but since we are aware of the importance of dairy we should include dairy in each meal of a day which means it must be consumed three times a day including breakfast, lunch and dinner.

How much dairy for weight loss?

Three portions of dairy should be taken daily for not just being healthy but also losing weight. It goes for both males and females. (See below what a portion looks like)

What is a portion of dairy?

The portion control chart below shows one portion of dairy, one should consume 3 such portions of dairy. Let’s explain one portion for example yogurt, three tablespoon of yogurt makes 1 portion of dairy which means nine tablespoon of yogurt will make 3 portions of dairy a day and the list is as follows.


Food Name
ML & GMS
Approx Measures
Skim or low fat milk
200 ml
One glass
Low fat cheese
30 gm
Matchbox size piece
Low fat no sugar yogurt
120-200 gm
4-6 tbsp heaped
Low fat cottage cheese
100 gm
Half cup
Low fat reduced fat cream cheese
80 gm
Matchbox size piece
Nut milk (almond milk/soya milk)
100 ml
Half glass





Therefore, this is what dairy in portion control for weight loss is and how it can be beneficial in healthily losing weight.

Click here for Fruits and veggies in portion control

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks please stay tuned for more freshly brewed content

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks please stay tuned for more freshly brewed content

      Delete
  3. Interesting. I don't eat a whole lot of dairy. I guess cheese is my biggest weakness when it comes to dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure some vegans would have an opinion on the "need" for diary products. I love cheese and milk, don't think I over do it. Think sugar is more of my problem. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are such amazing post series. I like milk and I am struggling with sugar at the moment. I eat a lot of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great and helpful info! I generally don't consume a lot of dairy but I will keep a lighter milk in mind for when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly, don't drink a lot of milks, but I used to eat Yogurt low fat and it help. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very helpful. Keep posting such informative articles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting Post, I LOVE dairy. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this informative post. I recently started a weight loss journey and now I am focusing on portion control.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not agree that we should include dairy in every meal. I don't believe that dairy has any benefits that vegetables don't. Better to eat vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  12. portion control is the key thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super helpful on how to consume dairy as it is healthy but has some fat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very helpful! recently I did a portion control diet and I had no idea what to do with dairy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing! I don't eat or drink a lot of dairy but this was very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We’ve completely cut out dairy recently and become plant based and it has done wonders in terms of my husbands weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The portion chart is useful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice. I learned something new from your blog article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4 ways to boost immune system to fight corona virus

What is portion control (PC) diet?

What is protein in portion control for weight loss